Service Technician 2
The Technician II will continue to learn and gain experience in the operational aspects of Foster Lake & Pond Management. The Tech II will begin to work independently. They will be familiar with company policies, operations, and software platforms. They will strive to uphold the Core Values and Vision of Foster Lake & Pond Management (FLPM) and show a willingness to learn.
- Be proficient in FLPM policies
- Be able to work independently on lakes, ponds, and stormwater device maintenance activities
- Be proficient in the use of company software platforms
- Use effective communication methods
- Participate and assist in training opportunities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Position requires a minimum of a high school degree or GED. An associate degree or related experience in landscaping, environmental management, water resources, fisheries science or stormwater device maintenance is preferred.
- Helpful knowledge and experience include:
- aquatic vegetation management
- freshwater fishery management
- turf establishment and maintenance
- trash and debris removal
- boat operation
- electric motor installations
- heavy equipment operation
- Comprehend the function of stormwater devices and the maintenance expected in Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Familiarity with computers and general business software is desirable.
- Ability to operate and maintain hand tools, small equipment and pumps or be willing to learn.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a positive attitude, professional behavior, and willingness to do whatever is necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to withstand strenuous physical activities.
- Regularly lift or move up to 80 pounds.
- Be comfortable working in and around water and mud.
- Willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions and environmental hazards.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Allow FLPM to pull their motor vehicle record (MVR) from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). To be hired you must have an acceptable record.
- Will encounter job sites on both residential and commercial property. May also be exposed to homeowner’s pets.
- Capable of traveling and occasional overnight trips may be required.
- Completed North Carolina SCM Certification Class
- Obtain the North Carolina Aquatic Pesticide Application license and be knowledgeable about appropriate pesticide use and application equipment
- Ability to observe, anticipate and relate detailed notes and observations to Service Manager
- Ability to identify and relate potential maintenance and repair opportunities and needs
- Ability to identify and control most undesirable vegetation problems
- Proficient with basic fountain and aeration system troubleshooting and maintenance
This job description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned, to assist with executing the company’s business model, promoting the company’s culture, mission and values.<< Back to All Positions