Service Technician 1
Garner, NC- Full Time
The Technician 1 will assist the Service Manager in supplying contracted services to Preventive Management clients as well as assisting the Service Manager with other necessary activities.
Although the Service Manager may not always be present, the technician is under the supervision of the Service Manager.
Reports To: Service Manager
Required Educational and experience requirements include:
- This position requires a high school degree or GED and a minimum of Associates Degree or related experience in landscaping, environmental field, water resources, fisheries science or stormwater device maintenance.
- Helpful knowledge and experience includes: aquatic vegetation management, freshwater fishery management, turf establishment and maintenance, trash and debris removal, boat operation and electric motor installations
- Candidate must be able to understand the function of stormwater devices and the maintenance expected in Operations & Maintenance Manuals
- Familiarity with computers and general business software is desirable
- Basic ability to operate and maintain hand tools, small equipment and pumps is necessary
- Candidate must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Candidate must have a positive attitude, professional behavior and willingness to do whatever is necessary to complete the job
- The work environment described below contains examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift or move up to 80 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the North Carolina Driver’s License requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to lakes and ponds, mud, wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (hot and cold) and moving mechanical equipment
- The employee will encounter job sites on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also be exposed to homeowner’s pets
- The employee must be capable of traveling throughout North Carolina and occasional overnight trips may be necessary
- The employee will work closely with members of the team, other team leaders, supervisors and clients
This job description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned, to assist with executing the company’s business model, promoting the company’s culture, mission and values.<< Back to All Positions