Service Technician 1
The Technician 1 will be responsible for learning the operational aspects of Foster Lake & Pond Management. The Tech 1 will become familiar with company policies, operations, and software platforms. They will strive to uphold the Core Values and Vision of Foster Lake & Pond Management (FLPM) and show a willingness to learn.
- Become proficient in FLPM policies
- Must exhibit a willingness to assist and learn all FLPM operations
- Learn and use company software platforms
- Participate in training opportunities
- Learn and implement effective communication methods
Skills and Qualifications:
- This position requires a minimum of a high school degree or GED. An associate degree or related experience in landscaping, environmental management, water resources, fisheries science or stormwater device maintenance is preferred.
- Helpful knowledge and experience include:
- aquatic vegetation management
- freshwater fishery management
- turf establishment and maintenance
- trash and debris removal
- boat operation
- electric motor installations
- heavy equipment operation
- Ability to learn and comprehend the function of stormwater devices and the maintenance expected in Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Familiarity with computers and general business software is desirable.
- Have the basic ability to operate and maintain hand tools, small equipment and pumps or be willing to learn.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a positive attitude, professional behavior, and willingness to do whatever is necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to withstand strenuous physical activities.
- Regularly lift or move up to 80 pounds.
- Comfortable working in and around water and mud.
- Willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions and environmental hazards.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Allow FLPM to pull their motor vehicle record (MVR) from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). To be hired person must have an acceptable record.
- Will encounter job sites on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also be exposed to homeowner’s pets.
- Capable of traveling and occasional overnight trips may be required.
This job description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned, to assist with executing the company’s business model, promoting the company’s culture, mission and values.<< Back to All Positions